Before you get started, be sure that you have added To-do bot to your Space. Instructions here.
NOTE: You can only assign a team member that is in the Space with to-do bot. You can see which team memberes are in the room by clicking on the Grid icon in the top right hand corner, and then the "People" icon.
There are two ways to assign a team member to a task:
1. Create a new task and assign a team member
2. Assign an existing task to a team member
New task and assigning
1. In the Space, tag to-do bot by typing @to-do bot and write the task details. Then, tag the team member by typing @ and selecting the team members name. E.g @to-do Write blog article @Guillermo.
NOTE: The highlighted names shows that the user has been tagged correctly
2. Press enter to submit. You will receive a confirmation message in the Space that the task was created successfully.
3. To assign a task to yourself use the tag @me
The task will be created and assigned to you
Assign an existing task to a team member
1. You can assign an existing task to a team member. You will need the task ID which is the bold letters/numbers before a task
Use the command "assign" along with the task ID and tagging the team member.
E.g. @to-do assign TMZMZ5 @Guillermo
This will assign the team member to the task and there will be a confirmation message in the Space that this has been done
To assign yourself to an existing task, follow the same rules as above but replace the tag with @me
E.g. @to-do assign TMZMZ5 @me