You can connect your Workast calendar with your existing calendar, helping you keep on top of tasks and deadlines with greater ease and efficiency. Your Workast calendar can be linked with the following calendars:
- MS Exchange
A few things to note about the calendar sync:
- Only tasks with due dates will appear on your calendar
- You can only connect to one calendar at a time
- Tasks that you create will appear in your calendar but your calendar events will not become tasks at this time.
- Updates between Workast and your calendar generally take about 10-15 seconds but can take a bit longer.
To connect your calendar
- Open your main calendar in the Workast web app
- Select "Connect your calendar" in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- A pop-up will appear with a "Sync with your Calendar" heading and a button that says "Connect,"
- Click "Connect."
- A larger pop-up screen will appear, asking your to choose the calendar that you'd like to connect with, and informing you of the usage of a third party app, Cronofy, to access your calendar. Select the your calendar.
- You will then be asked to select your account. Choose your account, and sign in, following the on screen instructions.
- Once you have signed in, you will be redirected to your Workast calendar. Your calendar settings dialogue will pop-up, asking you to select which calendar you'd like to connect with. Click on the down arrow to scroll through your different calendars, then click "Save" to complete connecting your calendar.
Working with your connected calendar
Once you've synced your calendar, tasks that appear on your Workast calendar will appear on your connected calendar.
Tasks are given a default time duration of 30 minutes so they will begin 30 minutes before the due time. You can edit that duration in your calendar.
When you edit or expand the task, your will find task details, including a link to the task in Workast.
Completing tasks with your calendar
- If you remove a task from your calendar, it is marked as completed in Workast
- If you mark a task as completed, or delete it, in Workast, it will be removed from your calendar
Editing tasks with your calendar
- Your calendar and Workast are now synced, so editing the title or due time of your task in Workast will automatically update the task in your calendar, and vice versa.